SMCAS needs an increase in local funding to maintain the high-level of 24/7 pre-hospital care we provide the community.
- Each parcel/home in the community currently pays $20 a year for EMS services.
- This rate hasn’t increased in more than 25 years.
- This only amounts to 19% of our annual budget.
To maintain the level of care you expect and deserve, we are seeking an increase in our special assessment over the next five years.
- In the first year, it would go from $20 to $30 a year.
- It would then increase by $5 for the next 4 years until it caps at $50.
- This assessment will be reviewed and approved by your local township/city officials.
The additional funding would be used to:
- Recruit and retain new and existing staff
- Ensure staff are being paid an industry standard rate for their work
- Better cover SMCAS operational costs.