SMCAS is a non-profit, municipally owned and operated advanced life support ambulance service serving the residents and visitors of the greater Niles and Buchanan area in southwest Michigan.
- SMCAS has been proudly serving the residents of Southwest Michigan since 1976 with emergency response 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
- Our team of 44 experienced paramedics and EMTs protects the 48,000 residents in our eight-municipality service area, covering 212 square miles.
- The SMCAS team has a combined 200 years of service in our communities.
- Each parcel within our service area currently pays $20 per year to have EMS service on-call to help 24/7.
- In addition to emergency response, we also provide hospital transports, monoclonal antibody treatment for COVID-19, wheelchair van transportation, CPR training, EMS education and medical stand-by services.